28 September 2008

Quick Hits

Here are today's quick updates:
  1. The bike saga is winding its way to a good conclusion. My stolen bike will be covered under renters insurance so my friend Jon found me a sweet new mountain bike. I'll probably have it in a couple weeks and when I do, rest assured, you will see pictures. I also got an old road bike to take to school which is really important. I ride 40+ miles a week just getting to class and back and save quite a bit of money by not taking the metro.
  2. Kim is covered with mosquito bites. They drive her crazy and I never seem to get them. (my life is pretty boring if all we can find to talk about are my mosquitoes... - Kim)
  3. My parents came to visit for six days this week. It was great to have them give the guest bedroom a test run. We went to some Smithsonians and Mt. Vernon. and did some general city exploring. They did a lot on their own also. We had a sweet BBQ on Sunday with our friends the Tifts also. It was a really good week.
  4. Seattle is undoubtedly the worst place in the USA for a sports fan. The Sonics left, the Mariners are the worst team in baseball, the Seahawks are 1-2 and have everyone injured and just called me to come in for tryouts (but I took a page out of my brother-in-law's playbook and turned down a sure-fire football career), the Huskies are worse than I've ever seen them and the Cougars look like they just might be worse than the Huskies. Just to add insult to injury we also have a WNBA team. At least that's the rumor.
  5. Kim's nanny work is still going well and she's working with 2 1/2 year old Jack on his reading.
  6. Get your reservations in soon for staying at the Connally hotel. October is wide open but will fill up quickly, for sure.
That's about it.



Lunch with the Connallys and the Tifts.
Patrick's new bike.
Cute Jack at the Natural History Museum
Mt. Vernon


Roosevelt Island. Kathryn, here is the dragonfly we saved for you, then it got eaten on our front porch. Sorry.

5 comments:

Lyndsey Purdy said...

Hey Guys! I'm glad your bike is being replaced, Patrick. Can't wait to see the pictures - nice road bike too. Kim - sorry about the mosquito bites - at least you don't have to worry about malaria! I'm glad you're having fun as a nanny! I bet you're really good at it.

Anonymous said...

I'm

Unknown said...

I like the pics of Jack. He's cute send me some more if you have them. Miss you.

Kelly Frederick said...

hi connally's!!!! just a quick hello from the fredericks.
ps, jon's car turned up.....6 hours after we bought a new one. I wish we could say the same for Pat's bike....but sounds like you got a great replacement!
miss you!

Urgurlkathryn said...

haha lol i turned out to have 3 dragonflies, so i was good, but i bet that was the prettiest one! lol :)