13 September 2008

General Life Update









Here's the blow by blow update of everything going on:

1. Our first visitor! Ken Rowan, of BCRA fame, became our first visitor from Washington (sorry Anna) when he came over on Tuesday for dinner. He's over for some meetings because BCRA is so sweet it's taking over the whole country. There is no escape.
2. School. Thanks for everyone for asking, school is going well. I have three classes (Intro to Europe and Eurasia, EU issues, History of Eastern Europe) and all of them seem super interesting. My professors are real experts and are also approachable and interesting. In my EU issues class the professor is from Romania and is super hard core. She lectures super fast and knows a baffling amount about EU treaties. I have a ton of reading to do, but it's all relevant and I really feel like I'm learning a lot. If you need to know something about the EU, feel free to email your question. I will then spend too much time making up an answer that sounds smart but may or may not be correct. I promise to use phrases like 'supranational government' and 'pooling of sovereignty'.
3. Nannying. Kim is doing a great job with little Jack. He's super cute and fun and says really funny stuff, we will one day write a long email of just Jack quotes. We've posted a picture of him here. If you want to know more just send Kim an email with a subject line of "Nigerian Prince seeking someone to help with bail." She always opens those ones first.
4. Unpacking: This is the biggest news that we have yet released so prepare yourself mentally: We are basically done setting up our house. Everything is hung on the walls, set up, put away (kinda), etc. If this seems less than breathtaking to you, you are forgiven, but trust us, it is a big deal. Kim did a great job organizing stuff and thanks to her tireless work, the house is now not a stress causing headache.
Here are some pictures of the place. You can see that it's not finished, but compare the 'before' picture featuring the iron to the others and you can see why we're celebrating. Kim again, for the record, the room is a disaster because I couldn't find my dress for Kev's wedding...so naturally I just threw everything that was in boxes all over the room.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim and Patrick!
I am sooooo stoked to know what you two have been up to. I hope the next time my dad has a conference in the east can come to and we can see each other again. Please email me so we can keep in touch and talk about other things to.

May all your wishes and dreams come true,
Julianne

Anonymous said...

still

Urgurlkathryn said...

omgsh, i didnt comment on this either!!! hi....do ya hav any idea how youth group is goin pat? cause i dont. :(