05 December 2008

A Day in the Life of Kim and Jack

Today Jack and I made Christmas cookies. It was super fun. I showed up with most of the stuff to make them, shape them, and frost them. When I told Jack that we were making cookies he was stoked. Then I started to pull all the ingredient out while telling him what they were for and how we would use them to make the cookies. Once I pulled everything out he said, "Kim, where are the cookies, I want to eat them." Cute. Later we put all the stuff together and had our dough and again he asked where the cookies were. We cut out Rudolphs, Mittens, Presents, Snowmen that Jack called Johnny the Snowman, and Stockings, baked them and made frosting, lots of frosting of different colors. While they were baking Jack sat in front of the oven and watched them bake making funny faces in the window and saying things like, "oooo", "Kim, can I eat them now?", when I said, no they are too hot right now in the oven he said, "I think they're cold now." Then, you guessed it we frosted the cookies. Jack was making his cookies for the "art show", not sure what that meant but it was cute. All this fun with some good Christmas music in the background. Once we were done we ate cookies and watched Rudolph. Then went back for round two of frosting. It was a fun day.

"I'm ready Kim!"


"Wow, we're making a mess."


"ooooo, I think they're cold now."






"That Good!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Honestly how do you go nine-to-five with this job everyday. Must be such a drag. Frosting cookies with a cute little kid, eating the cookies, watching rudolph.
I hope job searching goes well, (I'm assuming you must be looking for a new job because of the way this one sounds).
-Chris

Unknown said...

Kim,
Jack is like the cutest little kid in America. If there was a contest for cutest little boy he would win. I totally disagree with Chris, hanging out with Jack must be lots of fun!!! Anyways can't wait to see you and Patrick at the Christmas Eve service at First Pres. I will be looking for you guys.
See ya at church in like a week,
Julianne