02 December 2008

The Cernas in Town

My family plus Meghan (David's girlfriend) came for Thanksgiving. It was so great having them here. I think DC wore them out though, they went to all the major museums, to the top of the Washington Monument, saw the glory of the National Cathedral and still had time to shop and just hang out. I loved having everyone in our little house, surprisingly it fit us all well. Meghan and David did take turns on the couch and the floor-sorry guys, but they didn't complain at all. Meghan and I made dinner for the family and Jack and his parents. My family enjoyed meeting them. It was an all around good week and I really miss having Dad asking me 101 questions about everything I do : ), Meghan and David constantly teasing and laughing with each other and Mom's funny one liners and expressions. It's really quiet here now and I can't wait to see them again for Christmas.



Our table...we had more food than this. Seeing as how we barely had room for our immediate family we decided that we are a long way from being able to host a real Thanksgiving.

Patrick being such the man of the house by carving the turkey he made.

The only thing Meghan bought while she was here, a finger puppet from the Native American Museum.


Mom and Dad walking The Mall.


One of David's cool pictures from the Washington Monument.


Meghan making her Inaugural Address.


Mom and Meghan riding the carousel in at the National Mall (they were the only ones on the "ride").




Here we are totally bored with the DC scene.
(That is Barak's Inauguration stage being build in front of the Capitol.)

1 comment:

Kim Connally said...

I LOVE seeing my family on this blog finally. happy.