21 February 2010

Belly Thoughts

As of today we have 4 weeks and 4 days until our due date... what that means as far as us having the little one in our arms is nothing really. A lady at our church just had her baby 3 weeks early and another was 2 weeks late... so who really knows when she will come... I hope it's March 27th at night bc then my parents will be here and the baby will be born on the 27th, me on the 28th and patrick on the 29th... different months but still that would be cool.

I have had an increase in tiredness and have been over all uncomfortable. Some of this is due to the fact that I have a low iron count. I'm going to see a hematologist on Tuesday and hope to get on some medicine to raise those levels which will give me more energy and steer me away from a labor that will force me to not be able to have an epidural. A few good things are that Patrick is doing a fantastic job around the house, especially bc he does not have to work this semester, keeping it clean and keeping me as comfortable as possible. Also, the baby is healthy and moving around like crazy. And my mom is coming out on Tuesday for a conference. She will be in meetings everyday but it will be very nice having her around in the evenings.

We took a birth class last weekend... it was long 9-5 on Sat and 9-12 on Sun but it was good and I'm glad we did it.

Here are a couple of pictures for you. The first is of the tummy at 30 weeks and the second is of the tummy at 35... so exciting... well kind of... : )

30 Weeks


Not sure what's up with my eyes but here is a shot at 35 weeks


Patrick clearly isn't as far along as I am.


This is a Pottery Barn frame. I made a collage using a bunch of letters that Patrick and I wrote to each other while we were dating as the back ground. Once the baby is born we will take a picture of her little feet in the shape of a heart and put our wedding rings on her big toes and put that in the center of the frame. I think it will be cute in her room.


Here is my second project. I took a few of the cards we received from the showers that were thrown for me and made a little collage so the baby will see how much she is loved even though we are far from everyone. This too will go in her room.

The last framed project I have that is not yet completed is the same Pottery Barn frame with 4 holes in it and each one will be filled with a picture of the baby's grandparents as children. This too will go in her room, which she will have in May when Patrick is graduated.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love your picture frames, such a great idea. They will look so good in baby's (Sheesh, Im going to be so glad to someday know her name!!:) room. Hang in their lady she will be here soon. Last weeks of pregnancy are so tough. You look great!

The Keatts Family said...

You are in the home stretch friend! Such sweet momentos for her room, great idea! So excited for you.

Chris Frick said...

Wow. The little one will be here soon. God has already been gracious to her by giving her you and Patrick as parents.

P.S. your blog background still says Merry Christmas, which is fine, but I though you might want to know.